Card Patterns - Guest Designer

I was absolutely thrilled to be asked to be a Guest Designer for Card Patterns this week. Here's my take on Sketch 45. It involved masking, brayering, sponging, stamping and heat embossing, so I got to play around with a few different techniques, as well as a great sketch.


Card Patterns Sketch 45


So, you're probably wondering what an Aussie girl is doing making a Christmas card with a Winter theme. A girl can dream can't she?


Here's the Sketch




I just loved the idea of snowflakes being embossed onto vellum. I was inspired by a fellow Tasmanian's Christmas Cards that she recently featured on her blog. You can view her lovely cards at Mae's Cachet.

Here's the Project Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Snow Swirled, Lovely as a Tree, Winter Post
Cardstock: Glossy White, Baja Breeze, Old Olive, Ruby Red
Ink: Black StazOn, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Versa Mark
Accessories: White Vellum, White Embossing Powder, Holiday Treasures DSP, Old Olive 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Clear Rhinestone Brad, Stamping Sponges, Stampin' Dimensionals, Scallop Circle, 1 1/4", 3/4" and 1/2" Circle Punches

All products are from Stampin' Up!

Thanks for stopping by.
Bronwyn :0)

Comments

Renée said…
oooh, gorgeous Bronwyn! congrats again on joining us as a guest DT!!
Mae Collins said…
That is an absolutely beautiful and stunning card! TFS
Leonie said…
Wow, what a gorgeous card!
Danielle Daws said…
Wow... this is stunning! I don't think I'd want to part with it if I'd made such a gorgeous card!