Bron does 'Simple' - K. Werner's One Layer Card Challenge

# 1


# 2


I think # 1 has more appeal. What do you think?


I'm knee deep in SWAPS at the moment and at the same time I'm thinking about what to do for this week's Just Add Ink DTM submission! My last post which showed cards made from the Scallop Circle Die got me thinking about why I find it so difficult to do SIMPLE (They were SWAP reject ideas by the way).

I went to my computer and decided to upload the last two cards into my Splitcoast Gallery and I came across this card here. I really liked the simplicity of it and thought I'd ink up my new Hostess Level 2 Set - 'Asian Artistry' and give the idea a go!

I'm super duper pleased with myself that I did a ONE LAYERED CARD! Yay! I think I might even do a handful as SWAPS for people that love the clean and simple approach to card making. My question is whether or not I'll be able to leave them like that or add some paper piercing in the corners. Either way, they will still remain one layer. I think I kinda like this new found obsession.

My customers will be happy to know that you won't need any major 'tools' to complete these examples. All you need is some cardstock, ink, sponge and stamps. My friends who know me well will be aware that I love all my gadgets, especially punches so this is a bit of a mind shift for me.

After paying a visit to some of my favourite blogs, I've just realised this fits into K. Werner's latest challenge - bonus. So .. I'm off to link it up with about an hour to go before the deadline!!


Project Recipe for Asian Artistry:

Stamp Set: Asian Artistry
Cardstock: Whisper White
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Basic Black
Accessories: Stamping Sponge



Thanks for stopping by,
Bron XX


Comments

Paula Dobson said…
Hehe, Bron! I like my tools too and find simple hard to do. I really like these two examples of simple. Feel like making my own up now! TFS
Anonymous said…
Wow - you do EVERYTHING well! I love these, they are very simple but extremely striking. Beautiful xx
Tania Gould said…
I think #1 is more appealing to my eye - but both are great!
Tui Nathan said…
Ooh I like these Bronwyn .,.. I love how you have used this stamp set, and how you have captured it's simplicity - these would look great framed .... love love love it!!!!