Just Add Ink Challenge # 15 - Sketch

Coffee for Tess

Here's my take on this week's sketch at Just Add Ink. I had so ... much fun putting this one together. It's a combination of an idea I've had for ages plus an idea from my lovely friend, Amanda.

I was waiting for the right time to make a card using the sentiment, "Chocolate, coffee, men - some things are better rich" and show the three said 'objects' but was always stuck for an idea on how I was going to 'stamp' the chocolate. Up until the last minute it was going to be a chocolate cupcake until I remembered about the DSP from 'Good Morning Sunshine' - perfect!

Amanda and I had talked about ways we could use 'Tess' other than with her collection of stamp supplies and she came up with the coffee cup and matching sentiment. So I blended the two ideas for this week's sketch.

I hope it brings a smile to your face!


JAI Challenge # 15 - Sketch




Chocolate made from Good Morning Sunshine DSP, Brushed Silver Cardstock for the Foil and Scallop Square Punch for the 'bite'.


I have used Paper Piecing for her clothes and hair. Soft Suede cardstock was used for the trousers and Baja Breeze DSP for Tess's shirt. Her hair is textured Sahara Sand with Chocolate Chip ink sponged over the top.


I had to cover the original sentiment with a new one stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock because it had 'bled' a little. I actually thought the 'boo boo' was a good thing 'cause I like this idea better.




I hope you've enjoyed taking a peep and I would love to hear about your ideas on how you've used the Tote-ally Tess stamp set.


Project Recipe:

Stamp Sets: Tote-ally Tess, Share a Cup, All in the Family, Sip by Sip, Sanded
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, Baja Breeze
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Brushed Silver
Accessories: Baja Breeze DSP, Good Morning Sunshine DSP, 1 3/8" Square Punch, Spiral Punch, Scallop Square Punch, Dimensionals, Blender Pen, Stamping Sponge

Thanks for stopping by.

Bron


Comments

Raven B said…
I love this card what a cutie.
Hugs,
Raven
Mae Collins said…
Great card Bronwyn! I often find my 'boo hoos' make for a better result too. Love how you have used DSP on this card in various place.
Christine Blain said…
Bron, not only did this bring a smile to my face, but it made me laugh out loud - I just LOVE that chocolate bar. GENIUS. Great, great card!
the detail in this card is oozing!!! WOW!! I really love the colours!
Hope you are well lovely Bron,
hugs SHarnee :0)
Anonymous said…
I LOVE THIS CARD. Its awesome. i love the colours and the Totally TEss stamp. I love the coffee ring and sentiment, i havent got that set but its so on my wish list. But most of all I love how your little pictures along the top match your sentiment. what an awesome idea. TFS
Have a fantastic day
Anonymous said…
Very clever card Bronwyn! It is very nice and I love what you have done with Tess! Thanks for popping over to my blog today and seeing my award for you. You so totally deserve it!
Kirsty
Unknown said…
Hi Bronwyn, I hope you will except an award from me. See my blog. Thanks.
Claire Harrison said…
Hi Bron, thanks for the inspiration! I hope you will accept a blog award from me too - a beautiful blogger award. Deets on my blog. Cheers