A Note for You - Just Add Ink Challenge #50

This week there is a colour challenge at Just Add Ink. Hope you can take some time out to join in the fun!

My PERSONAL CHALLENGE is to use all my owl stamps, dies, punches, paper, material etc. on some paper craft projects over the summer break! I can now tick off the owl from the Hostess L1 Set, Cute By the Inch!!



Cute By the Inch Sticky Note Holder



The Colour Combo




One of my most popular posts for 2010 was the Woodland Walk Owl Post-it-Note Holder so I thought I'd make another 'sticky note holder' (Aussie Lingo) to suit this week's colour challenge (different design of course).

Do you like the cute little square made from the Scallop Trim Corner Punch? I watched a hilarious video tutorial by the very funny, Bonnie Thurber, entitled, 'New Punches' (Border and Corner Punches). This scalloped square project works with a 2" square.

If you're a Stampin 'Up! Demonstrator in Australia or New Zealand, you can view the very entertaining tutorial on Stampin' Connection, HERE.

I have decided to post the metric measurements for the Post-it-note holder which I have converted from the original tutorial by Dawn Griffith.

Cut a piece of card stock 8cm X 19cm. Score along the long side at 8cm, 9cm and 10cm and then follow Dawn's tutorial instructions.



Project Recipe for Cute By the Inch Sticky Note Holder:
Stamp Sets: Cute by the Inch (Hostess L2), Sweet Little Sentiments (retired), Woodgrain
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Riding Hood Red, Elegant Eggplant
Card Stock: Pear Pizzazz, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White
Accessories: Subtles Button (So Saffron), 1 1/4" Square Punch, Scallop Trim Corner Punch, Dimensionals
Non-SU: Mini Gel Pens from the Post Office and a pack of Sticky Notes from Officeworks


Thanks again, Rochelle, for introducing me to this very cute project idea.

Comments

Mae's Cachet said…
Bron, great use of the colours. I love making these post-it note holders they are great market sellers. I will have to check out Bonnie's video tutorial as I would love to make one of those square frames. Have a lovely day!
Jean McKenzie said…
Bronwyn, I have been wanting to make some of these but didn't take the time to work out the measurements so I could fit the little pens. I have bought them all ready to go!! Love your little scalloped square and your post it holder turned out so beautiful!
Jean McKenzie said…
Ohhhhh PS, I forgot to say a big thank you for posting those measurements LOL!!
Jo said…
Totally cute Bron. Love the way you have masked a spot for the sentiment to go.
Patrice said…
You make these colours look effortless. Gorgeous little project. I too love how you masked an area for your sentiment.
Super cute! Thanks for the measurements ... might just have to try one for myself! :) Hugs xxaxxx
KimB said…
This is just so cute - especially that little scalloped square - can't wait to get my trim corner punch!! Perfect in every little detail :)
Anonymous said…
Love what you have done with these colours. The Scallop Square is great and I'm adding the Woodgrain to my Wish List. Cute button detail - I must use some buttons - I forget about them.
Sue Rowe said…
Totally gorgeous, Bronwyn, LOVE the owl - so cute :)
Tania Gould said…
Eyeing this one off for a CASE!