Sweet Sorbet Owl for SALE-A-BRATION 2014

Sale-a-bration is just around the corner and I'm getting ready for my workshop launch at the end of the month by trying out some of the freebies I've earned during the pre-order time for demos.

I decided to CASE a very cute owl birthday card/gift bag that my talented up-line, Sharnee, gave me last year for my birthday (photos at the end of this post). Inside with the air conditioning going was a good place to be today as we're experiencing a bit of a heat wave at the moment (34 degrees Celsius is hot for Tassie and tomorrow the temperature is expected to rise even further).

 
Sweet Sorbet Owl Card
My project is actually a card so here's a little tutorial I put together if you want to make one for yourself.  Hopefully the photos will be self explanatory.  I'll point out the SAB free gifts along the way.



Sponge the edges of the Top Note pieces, scallop circles and hearts with matching ink.


SAB 1 - Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper
SAB 2 -  See Ya Later Stamp Set


SAB 3 - Banner Blast Stamp Set
SAB 4 - coordinating Banner Punch

For those that would like to view a video tutorial, please check out Wendy Cranford's Blog.

Did you know that starting on the 28th January you can get a free SALE-A-BRATION gift with every $90 you spend?  This special time of the Stampin' Up! year will run for a whole two months and a new Occasions Catalogue will also be released on the same day!  Woo hoo!  It's also a great time to hold a workshop (hostesses earn an extra $50 with a qualifying party) and/or join SU as a demo (New recruits get $255 worth of products for only $169).  Feel free to drop me an email if you want to find out more! I'd love to hear from you.

           


PS:  Thanks to the lovely ladies at Splitcoast for placing this card in the Favorites for the Week #16 -


Comments

ColourmehappyDi said…
Oh my goodness, she's adorable Bron. Love, love, love it! You & Sharnee are very clever owlies :0)
Hugs, Di
Rose said…
This is soo adorable! I love it!
Becky said…
This is so fabulous! He is adorable. Thanks for the tutorial.
fran said…
Oh gosh this is cute! Thanks for showing us how to make him!
Renee Ondrajka said…
This is so cute. I had to make one for my sister who just loves owls. Thanks for the great instructions. Haven't used my top note die in awhile. Great use for it.
musaraigne said…
It's amazing! Love it!
Terry said…
LOVED this. So cute - off to make a few of them. Directions are great!
Thanks!
This little owl is so cute Bronwyn and what a nice way to show everyone how to make one. So glad you added your project to the Linky Party!
Momo said…
Dear Bronwyn,
I have just discovered your post and would like to write you a happy greeting. Your owl is quite magical.
Ans thanks for your instructions.
I love this owl animals very much. Some time ago I made with friends owls from larger dies. They have a note pad in her belly. If you want to watch our owls, please click here: click to Momos owl . My owl you can find at the end of the post. Here name is Paula and I looove it very much.
Perhaps you write me a nice greeting too? Would be very happy about it. See you soon and many greetings
Momo
(Hope you understand my broken English.)
Rachel Palmieri said…
That's a very, very cute owl, Bronwyn. Think I might have to give it a try too. Will go check out Sharnee's now...
Scrap Y Foamy said…
Thanks for sharing.
As I told you I used your idea in my daughter's birthday:
https://scrapyfoamy.wordpress.com/2015/03/19/cumpleanos-con-tematica-frozen/

And into a Crop with children.
https://scrapyfoamy.wordpress.com/2015/03/20/compartiendo-momentos-especiales-y-tarjeta-para-mi-padre/
Thanks a lot
Montse