Pop-Up, Z-Fold, Card in a Box

Hi there.  I've been eying off some great examples of Z-fold, pop-up cards on Pinterest and thought it would be fun to make one.  I tweaked the basic design a little by adding some inserts; the ones you use in card-in-a-box style cards.  So I've called my take on this fun fold, a Pop-Up, Z-Fold, Card in a Box! - It's a crate full of summer strawberries with some home-made strawberry jam sitting on the kitchen bench.

Summer Strawberries
 

This card was made for a dear friend's birthday and I'm also entering it into two card challenges -


   http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com.au/2016/07/just-add-ink-318just-add-s.html  

S is for ... strawberries, strawberry jam, straw and summer!


 http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com.au/2016/07/just-add-ink-318-winners.html
and ...


 http://justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com.au/2016/07/just-us-girls-350-word-week.html

Here's a bird's eye view before I added all the stamped strawberries etc. -

 



Folds flat and fits inside a standard (C6) card size envelope -

 



Thanks for stopping by,
Please note that this is the original card for this type of fold. I came up with the idea of adding the card inserts to a z-fold. A very similar card (with cherries) appeared as a cutting file a few days after this post was published! Now there are kits and copies galore out there. Thank you for supporting this small business owner by purchasing the original tutorial. I appreciate it very much. Please note that you can now find me at www.addinktivedesigns.com 

PS:  A TUTORIAL (PDF) is now available to purchase for $3.50 (AUD).  Copies may be printed out for stamp classes etc. Measurements in inches.




Product List for Summer Strawberries
Glue Dots
[103683]
$8.00

Comments

Sharyn Polesel said…
What a gorgeous card! I've never tried one like that, but it certainly is on my list now. Love all of the yummy looking strawberries. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!
Amanda said…
Wow! I absolutely love the whole scene put together for this card Bronwyn... Superb . Such talent! And then I saw my tutorial link... And I am overwhelmed to have been a small part of your inspiration for this card!! I am gong to have to try one of these ... I just LOVE it!
Anonymous said…
You make awesome 3D cards. Thanks for all the links going to have to pin this one!
Jan said…
Such a fun and beautiful scene Bronwyn! I love the card in a box style additions - adds such a full feel to the field of strawberries and the jam at the farm gate is also such an inspired touch! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)
Nikki Spencer said…
Wow Bron, this is so cool and creative. Love the fold and those super cute strawberries. Lovely to see you pop up at Just Add Ink. Xx
KimB said…
This is awesome Bron! Such a clever idea to combine elements of a z-fold and card in a box. I love all those strawberries - and how you follow them through to jam! So nice to have you join us at Just Add Ink this week :) xxx
Anonymous said…
Wow - this is amazing. I really love the background of this card too. Chantell JAI
Ariel said…
WOW!! WOW again!! I love this stepped up version of the z-fold card! Those strawberries are beautiful and the little jam jar is perfect - so creative and sweet (see what I did there?) Beautiful work...thank you for sharing it.
Rene from OZ x said…
You are a genius Bronwyn, I have a few of your 'Card in a Box' cards and i am certainly going to try this one.
Rene from OZ x
Maria said…
Wow that is awesome! Love that basket and the papers you picked are perfect. And all those yummy strawberries are amazing. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.
Patrice said…
Wow, Bron. This is a gorgeous card. Loving all those strawberries. It really looks like you had fun creating this one. So nice to see you pop up in my feed. xox
Silvia said…
This is fantastic!! I hope you will put together a tutorial for the z-fold/box card combination. I'm not good at doing the math on projects like this. I was pretty proud of myself last year, I decided to do a box card with Nativity die cuts and I decided the card need to be a little bigger. So... I just made the card bigger and made about thirty of these. Unfortunately I did not take into account that they needed to fit into an ENVELOPE!!! If you do a tutorial, I will be one of your first customers!!
Thanks for all your inspiration and all that you share!
Silvia
Bronwyn Eastley said…
Hi Silvia. It's taken two whole days to create, photograph and write a tutorial and I've finally finished. It will be available soon. Thanks, everyone for your lovely comments.
Rose Ann Marr said…
This is such a fabulous card. You have such a imaginative style. Thank you for sharing your creations with us.
Unknown said…
loved the card it has a wow impact.